Congrats to 21 teams for turning in completed films! Join us on Wednesday, September 21st at 6:30pm at the Village Pointe Cinema for a screening of each film followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers and an awards ceremony celebrating their accomplishments!
Check out our Facebook event page for more info!
To see a listing of all of the films go here.
And they’re OFF!
26 teams signed up and joined us for the 48hr Film Challenge launch!
The line of dialog that everyone has to use is “Ben knows how to get it done.”
The prop is a picture of Steve Buscemi.
Good luck everyone and we’ll see you on Sunday!
Hashtag your behind the scenes pics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. with #OFF48
A completed entry form must be submitted with your film.
To download a copy of the Entry Form click here.
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your cameras! The Omaha Film Festival is hosting a 48 Hour Film Challenge to spark creativity and collaboration among local creatives. Participants will be given 48 hours to write, shoot, edit, and deliver a film under 5 minutes in length.
The 48 Hour Challenge will commence on Friday, September 9th at 6:00pm at the Image Arts Building on 2626 Harney Street.
Need to work on your writing and filmmaking skills before the challenge?
Check out our Cinematography and Screenwriting Workshops!
Films will be due back to festival staff at the same address on Sunday, September 11th by 8:00pm. Final delivery will be an H.264 file and we’ll be ready with computers to capture the files if you bring them in on a flash drive or a disc. Festival staff will be available between 3:00pm and 8:00pm to receive the films.
All films will be screened the following week and prizes will be awarded. (screening location TBA)
Filmmakers can register for the 48 Hour Film Challenge here.
Pre-registration is $20 per team.
High School student pre-registration is $15 per team (student ID required at check-in).
Registration the day of the Challenge launch (September 9) is $25 per team.
So here’s how it works:
Start putting your team together now! Actors, writers, filmmakers…get ready! Send at least one representative to the event on Friday, September 9th where the rules will be announced and your film packets will be distributed. Within that packet of info you will be given three required challenges:
1. You will be given a genre.
2. You will be given a line of dialog that must be in the film.
3. You will be given a prop requirement that must be used in the film.
There’s no age limit on the filmmakers!
Don’t have a team? Come out to the launch and find a group to join!
Over $2000 in prizes will be awarded to winning filmmakers in both the student and open categories.
Prize awarded for:
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
Most Creative Use of Required Prop
Most Creative Use of Required Line of Dialog
Prize winners will be announced at the screening
Please direct questions about the 48 Hour Film Challenge to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info visit our Facebook Event page:
48hr Film Challenge Facebook Event Page
– A member of your team must be present at the Challenge Launch to receive your challenge packet.
– Entry Fees can be paid by check to “Omaha Film Festival” or by cash or credit card at the time of the launch.
– Each entry must be a separate submission – you must include registration form and payment for each submission.
– Challenge Launch will commence at 6pm on Friday, September 9, 2016 at the Image Arts Building – 2626 Harney Street – Omaha NE 68131.
– You must complete all of the mandatory challenges (genre, line of dialog, prop).
– All submissions must be delivered via drive or data disc along with the FILM INFORMATION FORM.
– Acceptable format for submission is H.264 digital file.
– Submissions must be received by 8:00pm on Sunday, Sept 11, 2016 – Festival staff will be available at the office between 3:00pm and 8:00pm on Sunday to receive submissions.
– All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
– Only submissions with completed REGISTRATION FORM, FILM INFORMATION FORM, and paid entry fees will be accepted.
– Films must be no longer than 5 minutes in length (including credits).
– To be eligible, the film cannot have a public screening locally prior to the Film Challenge Screening date. We ask that your film not be viewable in its entirety online on sites like YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook before the Film Challenge Screening. Trailers or clips from the film are acceptable.
– Releases for locations, music, and talent must be obtained by the submitting filmmaker. The Omaha Film Festival is not liable for copyright infringement or unauthorized use.
– The Omaha Film Festival does not assume any liability for damage to films, videos, or publicity materials.
Challenge Launch and Delivery Address: 2626 Harney Street – Omaha, NE 68131